Why Join ASPA
Whether you're just thinking about trying skydiving, or an experienced jumper, ASPA's dropzones provide lots of opportunities. You can make your first skydive, go on to learn and develop skydiving skills, and earn accreditation that is recognized worldwide. Our member dropzones have skilled skydivers that compete at provincial, national and international levels. Alberta skydivers are some of the best in Canada. They've earned medals internationally, and even set world records.
We suggest that you purchase an ASPA membership when you qualify for a CSPA Solo CoP with at least 10 jumps. Doing so will ensure you can take advantage of all of ASPA's programs such as the CoP Subsidy for your A, B, and C CoPs. You can purchase an ASPA membership on-line Click here
There are lots more reasons!
- Information on Upcoming Events and Courses
- News and Stories About Skydiving in Alberta
- Articles From ASPA Member Dropzones Throughout Alberta
ASPA sponsors Instructor, Coaching, and Officials courses throughout Alberta
- Coach 1 and 2
- Skydiving School Instructor
- Progressive Free Fall Instructor
- Judging and Qualified Evaluator
The association subsidizes the costs of taking these training programs for ASPA members. The purpose of this policy is to encourage all levels of skydivers in all skydiving disciplines.
Training and Skills Camps
ASPA sponsors various training camps throughout Alberta, such as:
- Relative Work Talent ID Camps
- Air-to-Air Video Camps
- Canopy Relative Work Development Camps
- Accuracy Seminars
- Equipment and Safety Seminars
ASPA develops and facilitates technical seminars for its members, such as:
- Riggers Conferences
- Instructor/Coach Seminars
- Provincial Championships
- Mini Meets for Novice members
ASPA organizes and sponsors the Provincial Level Championships. The Association supplies Judging Staff and Equipment as well as subsidizing the cost of running competitions.
Athlete Development Funding
ASPA funds programs for members that are training for Provincial, National, and International competitions. These programs are designed to help offset some of the training costs for Alberta athletes that are involved in long term training programs with goals to compete successfully at higher levels of competition. There are funding programs for both Junior and Open competitors.
Available athlete funding program includes:
- CoP Subsidy: ASPA will help with the cost of getting your CoP's. ASPA will subsidize $200 for A CoP, $150 for B CoP, and $100 for C CoP
- Junior Athlete Funding: support Junior athletes (<300 jumps as of Provincial Championships) in training for competition. Application deadline is May 31st of each year
- High Performance Athlete Funding: Support competitive athletes by rewarding performance and effort in training. Application deadline is June 15th of each year
Judging certification: ASPA supports individuals who wish to get the Qualified Evaluator or Judges certification, or upgrade their ratings.
ASPA Sponsored Events
ASPA sponsors the general membership and member dropzones each year with various events.